You can volunteer at Safety Harbor CoderDojo by becoming a Mentor. Mentors facilitate young people’s learning at a Dojo. Rather than lecturing and top down teaching, mentors are there to encourage the young people to explore technology and develop their own unique projects!
We are always looking for both technical and non-technical mentors to help out for a couple of hours a week. Wether you're an you are a pro at HTML, a great communicator, or someone who keeps things organized, your knowledge and experience would be welcome at our Dojo!
What mentors do
- Help Ninja's who are stuck by teaming them up with another Ninja who can help.
- Registration & check-in Ninjas at the beginning of each Dojo session.
- Post Dojo pictures, videos, and updates to social our media accounts.
- Manage and handout printed materials and rewards during Dojo sessions.
- Review and check off Ninja projects to ensure they meet requirements.
- Facilitate party planning.
- Create and send out newsletter updates.